A project consisting of patio with lighting system and new conservatory was undertaken at a property in Thorpe near Egham, Surrey.
Block Paving Surrey’s involvement in the job was:
- completley dug out and shaped garden area for natural sandstone in fossil mint
- back filled the area with type 1 limestone base compacted
- sandstone laid on a concrete mortar mix
- ‘bird’s beak’ pointing for a superior finish
- sandstone edged in granite sets to complement the natural stone
- led lighting system installed in the patio with transformer
A new garden landscaping project was carried out for client David Scully consisting of a patio, step and lawn.
The work undertaken was as follows:
- fully excavated and removed old slab and brick from site
- backfilled the patio area with type 1 limestone base consolidated
- supplied and layed natural sandstone in fossil mint on a concrete base to designs required
- pointed up the natural sandstone joints in soft sand and mortar mix in bird’s beak to give a superior finish
- the step area to the rear of the garden to the summer house was again layed in natural sandstone but with granite edging
- the garden area was relaid with new turf to compliment the patio and step area