In November, BPS installed a new drive using alpha block paving for new client Steve Welch in Addlestone, Surrey.
The work done to replace the drive was as follows:
- the whole area was backfilled with type 1 limestone sub base to at least 200mm in depth
- all outer edgings were cemented on a mortar mix underneath
- drainage was installed
- the driveway was layed in Alpha Antique 60mm block paving in Autumn Gold with Alpha kerb edging
- all cutting was done with angle grinders
- the area was finally brushed in with dry kiln sand and consolidated
“Henry delivered from start to finish, did what he said he would, carried out the work to a high standard and a pleasure to do business with.”
In October, Block Paving Surrey installed a new driveway for John Luiting, a previous customer who wanted another drive installed in Reggatta 60mm paving Autumn Gold at his new property in Wraysbury near Staines in Middlesex.
“Have used them before and would thoroughly recommend them. Very professional an excellent job. I would recommend this company.”
In September, Block Paving Surrey installed a new driveway for client Neil Ambridge in Egham, Surrey.
The following work was undertaken on this drive project:
- old drive completely broken out and taken away from site
- area dug out to a depth of 200mm then backfilled with type 1 limestone
- consolidated area for paving
- outer edging laid on a cemented mortar mix to required shape
- driveway laid in Alpha Antique Autumn Gold 60mm blockwork paving
- recessed manhole to take blocks
“Hard working and conscientious. Would definitely recommend to anyone.”
August saw the completion of a replacement block paved driveway for Byfleet clients John and Clare Tindell.
Block Paving Surrey undertook the following work on this project
- the whole driveway area was completely broken out and removed from site
- backfilled area with type 1 limestone and consolidated for paving
- the driveway was laid in Alpha Antique 60mm block paving in charcoal
- all outer edging cemented on a mortar mix
- all blockwork cut in with angle grinders
As you can see, this driveway was transformed from an unsightly concrete driveway into a stunning new drive in alpha antique paving.
“We chose BPS to block-pave our drive after being impressed by the quality of their work on other jobs in our area and the professionalism of the pitch.
Henry and his team are polite, industrious and kept the site (on a school run) clean and safe at all times. The standard of work is excellent – thorough attention to detail at every stage.
The number of positive comments we have received since the drive has been finished is testimony to the quality of work. We are very happy with the drive and would recommend BPS very highly. ”
In July, BPS replaced an old, worn patio with a stunning new sandstone design for clients Mr & Mrs Doyle in Thorpe Village, Egham, Surrey.
The project involved Block Paving Surrey doing the following:
- completely digging out old patio slabs and removing them from site.
- backfilling the whole area with type 1 limestone base which was consolidated for paving.
- laying Indian Sandstone in Fossil Mint on a cement mortar mix.
- pointing the whole project in ‘birds peak’.
- adding granite sets as edging to the garden and step to complement the sandstone.
- installing an LED lighting system with transformer for dusk till dawn settings.
“We selected Block Paving Surrey having initially found them on Check-a-Trade. From the first moment Henry arrived with an exquisite portfolio of outstanding work – including many pool surrounds which is what we wanted – we knew we had found a winner. The craftsmanship is second to none, with a fastidious attention to detail and finesse in design that really does set him apart from the others. His team are clean, courteous, personable, extremely professional and are a pleasure to have around. I would have no hesitation in having him back again and again, and to recommend him to anyone.”
In June, BPS completed a new swimming pool surround project area for Fiona Jordan in Weybridge, Surrey.
Block Paving Surrey undertook the following work on this swimming pool and patio project at the Surrey property:
- the pool area was dug out to 150mm sub-base
- completely backfilled with type 1 limestone scalping, consolidated and made ready for paving
- footings were dug out and filled with concrete for 9 inch brick wall with step to upper level of the pool
- the wall was built in old stock brick work with matching step around the bottom level to match slab work
- the whole pool surround area was laid in Yorkstone style paving all in 1 size on a concrete mortar mix
- all cutting for slab work was cut in with angle grinders
- all joints were cemented in and cemented pointing was used to complement the slabwork
In May, BPS undertook a new driveway and patio area project area for Jenny Reeves in Ashford Middlesex.
Block Paving Surrey undertook the following work on this driveway project:
- the concrete driveway was completly broken out and removed from site
- the subbase was completly back filled to 150mm type 1 limestone scalpings which was consolidated and made ready for paving
- the drive was layed in Alpha 60mm Antique paving in Autumn Gold
- all the outer edging was bedded with a concrete mix underneath
- all cuts were cut in with angle grinders for a far superior cut
- finally the drive was brushed in with dry kiln sand and consolidated
For the Patio area:
- the patio area was completly excavated and removed from site
- this was then backfilled with type a 1 limestone sub-base which was compacted
- the patio was layed in Indian Sandstone natural paving in Fossil Mint on a concrete mortar bed
- the finishing was in bird’s beak pointing which is far superior to standard pointing
“Very hardworking and polite – went the extra mile and finished the work to a very high standard. Left the garden tidy when finished.”
A resin tarmaced drive which belonging to Darren Williams had broken up and needed replacing.
Block Paving Surrey undertook the following work on this driveway project:
- completely broke out the old tarmac driveway and removed from site, along with digging out and reshaping garden to the required shape
- whole area was backfilled with a type 1 limestone base consolidated ready for paving
- supplied and laid Alpha 60mm charcoal block paving on a 50mm bed of sharp screened sand to design as required
- all outer edging was bedded on a concrete mortar mix underneath
- cut all block paving in with disc cutters
- whole surface was compacted in with dry kiln sand
A Shepperton based client John Luiting asked us to install a new in and out driveway and path at his property to replace existing slabwork.
Block Paving Surrey carried out the following work:
- completely excavated and removed all slabwork and waste from site
- dug out whole drive area to 150mm and backfilled with type 1 limestone base
- laid Regatta 60mm Autumn Mix paving on a 50mm bed of sharp screened sand
- all outer edging was on a concrete mix
- the surface was covered in dry kiln sand and compacted
A new driveway was built for client Kathy Valvona in Chertsey, Surrey.
The work undertaken on the project was:
- Broke out, excavated and removed all old concrete and waste from site.
- Backfilled the patio area with type 1 limestone base consolidated
- Layed 60mm alpha paving in charcoal on a 50mm bed of sharp screened sand.
- All outer edging was bedded on a concrete mix underneath with kerb edging in alpha also bedded on a concrete mix.
- Cut all block paving cuts with disc cutters to ensure a perfect cut.
- Finally the driveway surface was compacted with dry kiln sand.
“Thanks for all your help and we would be more than happy for you to pass on our details to anyone that is looking for a new drive with you. You come VERY highly recommended.”